Our mission is to give others the "scoop" we wish we had before starting our own careers and answer the million dollar question:
HOW DO I FIND MY WAY INTO THE INDUSTRY ?
Into The Industry is a 3-day hands-on workshop where you will gain a broad understanding of different creative areas of the fashion industry and how they are connected to one another.
FASHION DESIGN — Day 1
by Nadia Manjarrez and Meg Lindley
From sketch to runway, focus on the process of fashion design from concept to end product. Take a look into both the luxury and mass markets.
- Creative process
- Trend research and conceptualizing ideas
- Designing for a particular customer
- Product development, line plan, and sample making
- The glamour and hard work of a runway show
- Co-existence and importance of design and production
DIGITAL FASHION MARKETING— Day 2
Explore the different aspects of marketing and this digital age that is changing so rapidly. It can make or break your business.
- Identifying and listening to your audience
- Understanding consumer behavior
- Power of creating a story around your brand
- The impact of relevant content
- The importance of PR contact
- Marketing for Milenials
BEAUTY — Day 2
by Mayela Vazquez
Learn how to adapt the latest trends of the season for ad campaigns, clients, editorials, and runway. Find out how to brand yourself as a freelancer.
- Introduction to the beauty industry
- Different areas to be known as a professional
- First impressions and building confidence
- Latest beauty trends
- Achieving the perfect look on set
FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY — Day 3
by Raul Tovar
Scoop into the different fields of fashion photography: editorial and commercial. Finding inspiration, your team, and how to turn your passion into a business.
- Finding yourself as a photographer
- Creative process and moodboards
- Fashion editorials: working with magazines
- Commercial work
- Etiquette on set
- Following your passion
- Turning a start-up into a thriving business
-FINAL PROJECT PHOTOSHOOT